Apple & Greens Salad
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups (1 L) mixed salad greens
- 1 medium red apple, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) pecan halves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raisins
In medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, mustard, oil, salt and pepper. Add the greens and toss to coat. Mound the greens onto 2 plates. Top with apple, celery, pecans and raisins to serve.
Tips: Instead of apple, use ripe pear in the salad. Instead of pecans, use walnuts or whole almonds. Instead of salad greens, use baby spinach.
Category Views 679