Brussels Sprout Chips
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) Brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- 4 tsp (20 mL) sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Trim ends and pull off outer leaves of sprouts to make 4 cups (1 L) packed leaves (reserve cores for another use). "Massage" leaves with olive oil until well coated. Toss with garlic, cheese, sesame seeds and pepper. Arrange in single layer on prepared baking sheet.
Bake 15 to 20 min., turning over after 8 to 10 min., until leaves are golden and crispy. Serve immediately.
• Chips are best eaten fresh from oven.
• Chop leftover cores of Brussels sprouts and add to soups or pastas. Finely slice and add to salads.
Category Views 1629