Choc-nut energy bars
- 200g LoveLife cashew nuts
- 150g LoveLife pecan nut halves
- 75g gluten-free porridge oats
- 100g LoveLife seed, berry & goji berry mix
- 9 pitted medjool dates (about 180g), chopped
- 100g peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp fine salt
- 100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Put the nuts, oats and seed and berry mix in a food processor and whizz to a chunky mixture. Add the remaining bar ingredients; whizz again until just combined. Transfer to a deep 20cm x 30cm tray lined with baking parchment and press into an even layer with the back of a spoon. Chill while you make the topping.
2. For the topping, break the chocolate into small pieces and melt with the coconut oil in a heatproof bowl, either in the microwave or over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, beat in the remaining ingredients until smooth.
3. Pour the chocolate over the nut mixture and spread with the back of a spoon until you have an even coating. Return to the fridge to set for about 1 hour, then cut into 24 squares. The bars can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Category Views 578