Quick Asian-Style Cucumber Salad
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) hot Asian-style chili sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 medium English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 medium shallots, finely diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted, roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
In bowl, to make dressing, whisk together lime juice, oil, sugar, chili sauce and ginger. Add the cucumber, shallots, peanuts and cilantro. Toss to coat with dressing. Let stand at room temperature 10 min. Gently toss again to serve.
Tip: Instead of peanuts, use an equal amount of unsalted, roasted cashews.
Category Views 2041