Shrimp & Spinach Quiche
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 5% light cream
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried tarragon (or 1 tsp/5 mL fresh)
- salt and white pepper to taste
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Jarlsberg cheese
- 2.5 oz (75 g) Brie cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 pkg (300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 2.5 oz (75 g) cooked salad shrimp
- 1 deep-dish pie crust (9 in./23 cm)
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream, tarragon, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Place half the quantity of Swiss, Jarlsberg and Brie cheeses in the pie crust. Spread 3/4 of the spinach on top of the cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on spinach. Pour in egg mixture. Arrange shrimp and remaining spinach on top of the quiche, gently pushing them into the egg mixture.
Bake 45 to 50 min., or until egg mixture is set. Rest quiche 10 min. before slicing.
Category Views 194