Spiced spinach & tomato aubergine rolls
- 2 aubergines, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 echalion shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- A pinch turmeric
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 30g pine nuts
- 300g tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 260g pack spinach
- ½ x 250g pouch Waitrose Love Life Spelt, Quinoa, Red Rice & Wild Rice
1. Brush the aubergine slices with oil and sear on a hot griddle for 1-2 minutes, turning frequently, until tender. Set aside to cool.
2. In a pan, heat the rest of the oil and gently fry the shallot for 5 minutes then add the spices. After a couple of minutes add the raisins and 2 tablespoons of cold water. Cook for 1-2 minutes before adding the pine nuts. Cook for 1 minute more until they are golden.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes then fold in the spinach and spelt and quinoa mix. Cook until the spinach leaves have wilted then season.
4. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. Spoon a heaped amount of the mixture onto each of the aubergine slices and roll them up. Put them on a baking sheet, seam-side down and grill for 1 minute until coloured, then serve with a green salad.
Category Views 386