Super Green Salad
- Kosher salt
- 2 1-lb. bunches large asparagus spears
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup frozen or fresh English peas
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces shaved Manchego cheese
How to Make It
Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a large pot; add 1 tablespoon salt. Have ready a bowl of ice water.
Trim tough ends from asparagus. Cut 1 bunch diagonally into 2-inch pieces. Shave stalks of remaining asparagus with a vegetable peeler. Add diagonally cut asparagus, edamame and peas to boiling water; cook for 4 minutes. Plunge vegetables into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain well.
Process oil, almonds, garlic and lemon zest in a blender until smooth. Add herbs and process until smooth.
Place dressing, shaved asparagus, cooked asparagus mixture, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl; toss to coat. Top with Manchego.
Category Views 719