Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad
- 2 medium sweet potatoes or 1 large
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + more for sautéing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked green lentils
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- Couple handfuls spinach, chopped
Dressing: 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Peel and chop sweet potatoes into a 1 inch dice. In a bowl mix with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 25-30 minutes, stirring half way through.
2. Meanwhile, cook the lentils in a pot with 2 cups of broth over medium heat.
3. Chop the onion and mince the garlic. Add into a skillet with some olive oil (~1/2 tbsp?) to coat the pan. Cook over low-medium heat being careful not to burn, for about 5 minutes. Now add in the chopped pepper and spinach and cook for another 5 minutes on low. When the lentils and sweet potatoes are cooked add them into this skillet mixture and stir.
4. Finally, mix your dressing and stir into the skillet mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Makes 2 servings or 4 side servings.
Category Views 265