Vegan chocolate ' cheesecake '
This decadent dairy-free, vegan dark chocolate cheesecake will delight every set of tastebuds.
- 600g silken tofu, well drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 135g (3/4 cup) coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder, plus extra, to dust
- 150g dairy-free dark chocolate (70% cocoa), melted, cooled
- 100g dairy-free dark chocolate (85% cocoa), melted, cooled
- Fresh raspberries or thawed frozen raspberries, to serve
- 50g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 50g (1/4 cup) coconut sugar
- 85g (3/4 cup) hazelnut meal
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Large pinch of sea salt
- 80ml (1/3 cup) coconut oil
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Release the base of a 20cm (base measurement) springform pan and invert. Spray with oil. Line the base with baking paper, allowing a 4cm overhang. Secure the base, paper side up, back in the pan. Grease the side of the pan and line with baking paper.
For the base, process oats and sugar until finely chopped. Add the hazelnut meal, cinnamon and salt. Pulse to combine. Add oil and process until mixture comes together. Press mixture into base of prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
Reduce oven to 170C/150C fan forced. Place tofu and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Add sugar and cacao. Process until smooth. Add all the melted chocolate and process, scraping down side with a spatula, until combined. Spoon over prepared base. Smooth surface. Bake for 40 minutes or until just firm (mixture will still be soft in centre). Turn off oven and leave to cool in oven with door ajar. Cover and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to chill. Dust with extra cacao. Serve with raspberries.
Category Views 5352